Give six scholarships to graduating seniors. *Scholarships may be combined for a total of $1,500 per student at the discretion of the judges.
Lucille Weston Gourley (piano) - $1,200
TAMTA – Memorial (piano) - $800
Rosemary Huff Scholarship (piano or voice) - $600
TAMTA String Scholarship - $800
Laven Sowell Vocal Award (must be a declared music major) - $1,200
Laven Sowell Instrumental Award (piano, string, or other instrument) - $700
Please refer to the current Audition Guidelines, Rules, and Application Forms, for a list of general rules applicable to all OMTA auditions.
Qualifications for all scholarships listed above: Participants must be graduating seniors in 2021 and have a GPA (cumulative grade point average) of 2.5. Students must take private lessons in college on the instrument on which he/she auditioned in order to receive the scholarship. A high school transcript must accompany the application for scholarship.
TAMTA SCHOLARSHIP AUDITIONS
Audition Date: April 9, 2022
Location: Saied's Music Store, South (71st St, Tulsa)
Postmark Entry Deadline:
March 14, 2022
Chair: Karen Harrington
$20 per instrument
*No entry fee will be accepted without a transcript.
Participant's teacher must have been a TAMTA member since September 30, 2020. All repertoire is subject to approval.
Pianists must perform three pieces from memory composed during each of the following periods:
2) Classical – a sonata, 1st or 3rd movement
3) One Romantic, Impressionistic, or Contemporary Period composition.
Orchestral Instrument applicants must perform three memorized selections:
1) One movement from a Baroque sonata, suite, or partita
2) One movement from a concerto
3)One Classical, Romantic, Impressionistic, or Contemporary Period composition (Note: Concerto movement must be from different period than other compositions.)
Vocal Repertoire Requirements: Three memorized slections:
1) Classical Italian art song sung in its original language
2) French or German art song sung in its original language or in English
3) American or English song (meaning the language and the country) by a contemporary composer. No operatic arias may be used.